DESCRIPTION OF THE TRAINING COURSE
Smart and sustainable cities to support sustainable development goals are a priority agenda for governments. This course aims to introduce participants to the concept and pillars of the Internet of Things taking into account the work of ITU in the areas of the smart sustainable city. Participants will be introduced to concepts, goals, and frameworks to key aspects and KPIs of IoT and related technology solutions and services such as Big Data and Blockchain area and some use cases for the smart sustainable city (SSC).
Upon completion of this training course, participants will be able to:
- identify different IoT concepts, pillars, trends, and the different IoT verticals related to smart cities;
- understand concepts, goals, and frameworks related to a smart sustainable city, including key aspects and KPIs required to develop smart sustainable cities;
- identify different IoT verticals such as smart grid, smart transportation, smart home, smart water, smart banking, and smart healthcare for the smart sustainable city;
- identify big data solutions and strategies related to data such as open data and various data analytics services for SSC.
- identify Blockchain-based billing solutions and strategies related to cryptocurrencies and their concerns related to smart sustainable cities; and
- review the various case studies in the area of using emerging technologies in smart sustainable cities.